Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

calling functions depending on action, under Authentication Request

Hey,

So i am trying to send an email for password resets and i have the following problems:

- i send an action over to the authentication request, yet i don't think it actually receives it from my unity code properly. The normal behaviour of the authentication takes place rather than the overriding one, however if i add the action to the test harness it runs the wanted code:

I get an error in unity saying the password and username are requires, they shouldn't be required as i want to run the behaviour below rather than the normal authentication

unity code:

public void ForgottonPassword()

{

//Create a data object

GameSparks.Core.GSRequestData scriptData = new GameSparks.Core.GSRequestData();

scriptData.Add("action", "passwordRecoveryRequest");

//Add a string variable with the key 'email'

scriptData.AddString("email", "example@gamesparks.com");

new GameSparks.Api.Requests.AuthenticationRequest().SetScriptData(scriptData).Send((response) =>

{

if (!response.HasErrors)

{

Debug.Log("Forgotton Password COMPLETE");

}

else

{

Debug.Log("Password Reset Error" + response.Errors.JSON.ToString());

}

});

}

authentication Request: 

// ====================================================================================================

//

// Cloud Code for AuthenticationRequest, write your code here to customise the GameSparks platform.

//

// For details of the GameSparks Cloud Code API see https://portal.gamesparks.net/docs.htm   

//

// ====================================================================================================

var status = "Started";

if(Spark.data.scriptData){ //Checking if there is any scriptData passed in, if not then carry on the authentication as normal

var action = Spark.data.scriptData.action;

if("passwordRecoveryRequest" === action){

startRecovery(Spark.data.scriptData); //Start recovery sequence

} else if ("resetPassword" === action){

resetPassword(Spark.data.scriptData); //Start reset sequence

}

else

{

status = "invalid action"; // action variable isn't valid, check spelling or value

}

Spark.setScriptError("action", status); // set an error to prevent the AuthenticationRequest being processed

}

Best Answer

Hi James,

Sorry for the late reply. I think the call you require is SetScriptData() rather than scriptData.Add I've linked the relevant tutorial here: https://docs.gamesparks.com/sdk-center/unity.html#sending-json this should show you how to send custom data to an event.

Hope this helps,

- Steve

1 Comment

Answer

Hi James,

Sorry for the late reply. I think the call you require is SetScriptData() rather than scriptData.Add I've linked the relevant tutorial here: https://docs.gamesparks.com/sdk-center/unity.html#sending-json this should show you how to send custom data to an event.

Hope this helps,

- Steve

Login to post a comment