Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

GameSparks unity GS: VALIDATION FAILURE

Hi. I'm trying to implements GameSpark in Unity following the tutorial but I have a problem when GameSpark is trying to authenticate  the SDk ( version 5.3.5.209) fail and the console shows the next message:

GS: VALIDATION FAILURE

GS: OPENED

GS: RECV:{"@class":".AuthenticatedConnectResponse","nonce":"20891b8d-12ca-4188-80c4-419c08b19afe","requestId":"0"}

GS: SEND:{"@class":".AuthenticatedConnectRequest","hmac":"XmZMBj7O889VGsuVLP3d99qhUUebiBaIMhXrWj6vtVg=","os":"ANDROID","platform":"WindowsEditor","deviceId":"9a853b998d22119f1d165aa4bd420ae68a930937","authToken":""}

GS: RECV:{"@class":".AuthenticatedConnectResponse","error":"VALIDATION FAILURE","requestId":"0"}

GS: OPENED

GS: RECV:{"@class":".AuthenticatedConnectResponse","nonce":"0b60d74b-1389-4a0a-b8c4-6dcca7fc91bf","requestId":"0"}

GS: SEND:{"@class":".AuthenticatedConnectRequest","hmac":"ZkkGugn8sNDZerZvDespy62ye7smnr8Ie1Fq8XSoRn4=","os":"ANDROID","platform":"WindowsEditor","deviceId":"9a853b998d22119f1d165aa4bd420ae68a930937","authToken":""}

GS: RECV:{"@class":".AuthenticatedConnectResponse","error":"VALIDATION FAILURE","requestId":"0"}

The version of my unity is 5.3.5f1. I don't know if the problem is about the version of my unity or the version of the gameSpark  

Best Answer

Hi Yeison,

A Validation Failure means the GameSparks API Secret is incorrect in your project. Can you double check that it matches the one in your game on the portal ? If you still get the error after double checking can you let me know the character length of the secret you currently have entered ?

Thanks,

Liam

1 person has this question

Answer

Hi Yeison,

A Validation Failure means the GameSparks API Secret is incorrect in your project. Can you double check that it matches the one in your game on the portal ? If you still get the error after double checking can you let me know the character length of the secret you currently have entered ?

Thanks,

Liam

Hi,

I'm also getting the same issue i have double checked the api and secret key. still getting the same issue. Please help me.

Hi Lingala,

What version of the Unity SDK are you currently running ? Can you let me know the name of the game you are getting this error from ? 

Thanks,

Liam

Same problem. It worked once then didnt again. Reimported everything still nothing; I copy pasted the secret again. gonna try manually doing it i guess

EpprlXm.png
(165 KB)

Fixed it.

Searched GameSparks in project view. Deleted everything. Closed unity, reimported it, twice now, and it works this time so far.

Hi Adam,

Glad to hear you got it working. Lingala and Yeison, if you guys are still having issues please let us know and we'll get to the bottom of this for you.

Thanks,

Liam

I got same problem.

Unity 5.3.6.f1

GameSparks SDK: 5.4.0.59

Windows 10 64 bit.

Removed old GameSparks SDK, closed Unity, reopen, added new sdk.

I even tried closing unity and clearing Library folder.

Mislav

Hey guys,

Problem was in my laptop screen resolution.

This is api textbox on laptop (blue color is from select for to be copy pasted in unity): 

sshot.png

and this is when i move window on bigger external display:

sshot1.png

Please make responzive web portal !! :D

Mislav

1 person likes this
OMG Mislav thank you!!! Up vote for you. Only way I could select it all is by double clickin the mizouse.

Hi Guys,

Just so you know this will be addressed in an upcoming Portal update.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment