Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Are non-authenticated requests for metadata possible?

I would like to request metadata used to bootstrap my application *before* a user logs in.  Is there any way to request data, even just static metadata, without authenticating a user? 

Best,

Dan

Best Answer

Hi Dan,

No you cant do this I'm afraid, you would need to be authenticated to retrieve any data from GameSparks. What exactly are you trying to do here ? I there any reason why you couldn't retrieve it after a user authenticates ?

Thanks,

Liam

Answer

Hi Dan,

No you cant do this I'm afraid, you would need to be authenticated to retrieve any data from GameSparks. What exactly are you trying to do here ? I there any reason why you couldn't retrieve it after a user authenticates ?

Thanks,

Liam

I just need to store metadata that I pull upon app launch to customize the UI based on location before anyone logs in.  I simply created a user for this purpose.  The only downside to this is that I'm going to be billed for an authenticated user every time the app is launched but it isn't really a "user".  I suppose I could use another server or service like Firebase for the metadata, but I'll happily pay the additional authentications just to keep everything in one place.

-Dan

Login to post a comment