Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Login Screen

So I am using Unity for my online game.

As for most of the games, When I start the app again, I want the user to be automatically logged in all the way.

What is the best practice to achieve that?

What I did is the following:

- First time registration, app saves username in PlayerPrefs.

- If app is closed then opened again, code checks for "username" info in playerPrefs.

- If info is not null, the app sends the authenticationRequest, else app shows the login screen.

Looking forward for your feedback

Thanks,

Best Answer
Hi Mohamad!

That is a nice simple Registration/Authentication pattern! If you wanted to have more than one account on a device you could also store a list of user details(Accounts) if for Eg, your game was a web player game! If your game is going into full development i would also consider saving the user details in a json or xml so that you can better project them, playerPrefs are unsecured!

Regards,
-Dave

1 Comment

Answer
Hi Mohamad!

That is a nice simple Registration/Authentication pattern! If you wanted to have more than one account on a device you could also store a list of user details(Accounts) if for Eg, your game was a web player game! If your game is going into full development i would also consider saving the user details in a json or xml so that you can better project them, playerPrefs are unsecured!

Regards,
-Dave

Login to post a comment