Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Difference between challenge and match?

Hi all,

It's not clear to me the difference between both? 

I am trying to create a turn-based game, and I see the turn-based switch in challenges... 

So, does that mean that I have to launch a "CreateChallengeRequest" instead of "MatchmakingRequest" ?

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi Felipe,

For your game, a turn based challenge set up would work for you. A player could create a PUBLIC challenge (with a CreateChallengeRequest) which other eligible players could find with a FindChallengeRequest and then join with a JoinChallengeRequest. A PRIVATE challenge can also be sent to specific users. We have a page in our documentation that will help you understand challenges more, you can find it here. A MatchmakingRequest is used to Match players, it's not specifically for challenges but you could use a MatchMakingRequest to match players and then in the MatchFoundMessage Cloud Code, create a challenge using a SparkRequest and add the matched players to it. Our Hearthstone guide covers this, you can find it here. Our multiplayer tutorials can be found here. Have a read through those and if you have any further questions just let me know and we'll be happy to assist further.

Thanks,

Liam

Answer

Hi Felipe,

For your game, a turn based challenge set up would work for you. A player could create a PUBLIC challenge (with a CreateChallengeRequest) which other eligible players could find with a FindChallengeRequest and then join with a JoinChallengeRequest. A PRIVATE challenge can also be sent to specific users. We have a page in our documentation that will help you understand challenges more, you can find it here. A MatchmakingRequest is used to Match players, it's not specifically for challenges but you could use a MatchMakingRequest to match players and then in the MatchFoundMessage Cloud Code, create a challenge using a SparkRequest and add the matched players to it. Our Hearthstone guide covers this, you can find it here. Our multiplayer tutorials can be found here. Have a read through those and if you have any further questions just let me know and we'll be happy to assist further.

Thanks,

Liam

2 people like this

Thanks Liam,

I haven't gone through the Hearthstone tutorial yet, I definitely should.

My game will work more or less like the game Trivia Crack, in the sense that a player simple "searches for random opponent" and gets matched.

So, is it safe to assume that I must:

1) Player clicks "find opponent"

2) Use MatchmakingRequest

3) Match number of players

4) In the MatchFoundMessag cloud code create the clalenge using SparkRequest
5) Then the players take the turns in the game client by submit Events

Is this reasonable?

Thanks!

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment