Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Registering User/Pass / Where to find in the DB?

Hi @ all

im totally new to the Gamesparks Platform an ive been wondering where to find my players i have registered via UserName and Password in the Database.

The Process Request / Response is totaly fine, but i cant find the PlayerData in the Platform.

This i get back when i register a new User.

GS: RECV:{"@class":".RegistrationResponse","authToken":"5faac86f-7445-4f25-bb1f-f303bb4bb2b5","displayName":"MJ","newPlayer":true,"requestId":"636079886578434191_3","userId":"57c2ce92808eb9048e73fce6"}
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
GameSparks.Platforms.<DebugMsg>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__1() (at Assets/GameSparks/Platforms/PlatformBase.cs:133)
GameSparks.Platforms.PlatformBase:Update() (at Assets/GameSparks/Platforms/PlatformBase.cs:64)

all perfect. I receive a authToken, DisplayName, userID and so on. But where is all that data be stored ?

That drives me totally crazy. Maybe you guys can help me out with this noobish question.
Thanks a lot and best regards.
Andy

Best Answer

Hi Andreas,

All of your player data can be found in the portal under the 'NoSQL' tab. On selecting this you should see that you are on the 'Find' tab of your NoSQL explorer. If you select 'player' from the 'Collections' dropdown list (it will be listed under 'System'), then hit the 'Find' button, you should see a list of all players in your game. 

Let us know if you need any more help or information.

Regards,

Vinnie

Answer

Hi Andreas,

All of your player data can be found in the portal under the 'NoSQL' tab. On selecting this you should see that you are on the 'Find' tab of your NoSQL explorer. If you select 'player' from the 'Collections' dropdown list (it will be listed under 'System'), then hit the 'Find' button, you should see a list of all players in your game. 

Let us know if you need any more help or information.

Regards,

Vinnie

Thx for your Reply Vinnie,

what you describe above is totally fine to me and i understand this. But the Problem is, when i hit "find" in the players collection it will only  show one player (Looks like an preconfigured User from the Platform). This one is totally different from those i have registered over Unity. And i have registered 5 Users.
When i make an authentication over Unity the 5 Users will be recognize and authorized. But where are the Data from these Users ?
Also in the Manage/Player Section i can only find this strange Player i have not registered.
Thats confuse me a lot..

Thanks and sorry for the bad english :)
Andy

That's odd,

Can you confirm for me that the Api Key in your Unity project

matches that for the game you are targeting?

and that the 'preview build' option in unity is selected:

Also, the player that is present in the database wasn't created by the platform (we don't auto-create players). The player in question (Andi) was created on Monday August 15, 2016 12:42:34 (pm), hopefully that might narrow down how it was registered

Vinnie

That's Strange,

The API Key matches with my Unity and also the "Preview Build" is checked in Unity. Also the Gamesparks API tells me that the Server is available.

Had seen the Date where this user was created, but i cant remember i have created it. *haha* Therefore i thougt this is an Auto-Gerated User.
Ok, i try to delete the whole Project and create a new one and set up the SDK new.

But could it possibly be a problem, that i work with 2 other guys in different Unity Envoironments but in every Unity Program are set the same
Gamesparks Settings (API Key) ?

Thx a lot for your help.
Andy

My initial thoughts on seeing the description of the issue was that you were targeting the wrong GameSparks game. The fact that you are getting successful registration responses means that your players are being created successfully, but they are not showing up in the db for your 'Test Prototype' game, which suggests to me they are being registered to a different game.

Do you have any other games setup with us (perhaps under a different email address)? Or could you be targeting one of your associates GameSparks games?

Vinnie

In retrospect the choice of the description was not the best. *haha*
No i have only one Gamesparks Account with one Emailadress. Also i have, since today, created only one "Test Prototype" Game.
I will give a feedback when im back at the office and created the whole thing new up.

Thx Vinnie

Andy

Finally solved the Problem.
I created a new game on the Platform and from now on i can find my Registered Players.
This is really strange. Changed nothing in my Unity Project and i have only updated the API Key / API Secret from the new Game. Now it works.

Greetings Andy

Login to post a comment