Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Device auth and FB auth

Hello!

Right now in our game we are using device auth whenever a player enters the game and give him/her the option to log in with FB.

Could you please give me more details about how the device auth account upgrade works? Because right now every time we log in with FB a new player is created. 

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi Diana,

How are you sending the FacebookConnectRequest ? If using it with the flow you have described you should set "switchIfPossible" to true in the request. With that set to true it will ensure that authenticating player will switch to the GameSparks account that is already associated with the FacebookId (if one exists), this is useful for when a player changes device and then re authenticates with Facebook. If you have any further questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Diana,

How are you sending the FacebookConnectRequest ? If using it with the flow you have described you should set "switchIfPossible" to true in the request. With that set to true it will ensure that authenticating player will switch to the GameSparks account that is already associated with the FacebookId (if one exists), this is useful for when a player changes device and then re authenticates with Facebook. If you have any further questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment