Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Facebook or Game Center/Google Play

I have been wondering which service to use for the sake of player authentication.

Facebook 

Pros : Get access to a large friend list which can be used to send challenges and play with friends

Cons : Conversion is low. In my current game only about 20% use their facebook login

Game Center/Google Play

Pros : High conversion compared to facebook as it is the native provider

Cons : No friend list. Random matching needs to be done in case of challenges. Even if there is a list of contacts the list is not as big as Facebook.

Is there any way by which I can initially get the player to authenticate using Game Center/Google Play and then when the time comes to challenge their friends, get them to login via Facebook and obtain their friend list?

Best Answer

Hi Deftouch Design,

This would be whichever you preferred, you can have multiple social accounts linked to a single player. I know that Facebook did make some privacy changes last year that prevents full friends lists from being pulled in. Now you can only see friends who have authorized the game/app on their personal Facebook account, these will show up automatically when you do a ListGameFriendsRequest. Random matchmaking can be done with our MatchMakingRequest. You can read more about how to match players here. You can add randomly matched players to a Challenge with a bit ff Cloud Code, if you need some help with this or have any further questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Deftouch Design,

This would be whichever you preferred, you can have multiple social accounts linked to a single player. I know that Facebook did make some privacy changes last year that prevents full friends lists from being pulled in. Now you can only see friends who have authorized the game/app on their personal Facebook account, these will show up automatically when you do a ListGameFriendsRequest. Random matchmaking can be done with our MatchMakingRequest. You can read more about how to match players here. You can add randomly matched players to a Challenge with a bit ff Cloud Code, if you need some help with this or have any further questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment