Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Dynamic forms and logEvent

Hello,

I wanted to call an event in DynamicForms but it seems it is not executed as there is no response and no changes through that event are made.

Is it possible to use logEvent with DynamicForms?

Best Regards

Best Answer

hi Milutin,

Are you sending or executing the event? 

Using .Send() will only send the event but not invoke the cloud code associated with it, where as using .Execute() will. 

Best Regards, Patrick. 

Answer

hi Milutin,

Are you sending or executing the event? 

Using .Send() will only send the event but not invoke the cloud code associated with it, where as using .Execute() will. 

Best Regards, Patrick. 

Hi,

I need to run code associated with an event, .Execute() also returns error "Cannot connect to server" in dynamic forms.

Best Regards

Hi,

Thanks for support.

Close this topic as it is answered.

Best Regards

Hi Milutin, 

Could you if possible share what was causing the error for the benefit of other forums users? It would be much appreciated. 

Best Regards, Patrick. 

Hi Patrick,

I can't tell exact cause of this connection timeout problem but my best guess would be that template for snippet had error, there was no error report in GS logs. As I rechecked the code and rewrote template I could use my admin panel again. I also had to change SnippetProcessor code and use ExecuteAs otherwise I would get error about not being authenticated.

It would be good if we could have special or privileged user to run some portions of game code, especially for services that should not be run by player ids, for example scheduled processing of player input. Also it would be good to have some kind of trigger solution, mongodb and non mongodb related, so we can trigger processes under privileged users. 

Best regards

Login to post a comment