Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

About leaderboard periods

Hi, according to documentation, leaderboard periods are cumulatives.

If I define 3 periods with 5, 10 and 15 seconds, it means that the matchmaking will try 5 seconds with the first condition, then 10 seconds with the 2nd condition, then 15 seconds with 3rd condition (so 30 seconds in total).

So why is it impossible to define 3 periods with the same number of seconds (10, 10 and 10 for example, for a total of 30 seconds) ?

Error message : Each threshold must have a different period

Wouldn't it be because each period includes the one before ?

Thanks

Eric

Best Answer
Hey Eric,

Given the follow example of periods, 5sec -> 10sec -> 15sec
After the initial period expires after 5sec, the match will try the criteria for the next. If no match is found after another 5sec, it will try the next criteria.

So these time-periods cannot overlap as the system does not all two types of criteria to be checked at the same time.
If you want to check 3 criteria with the same time period you would leave the same interval between them, as above.

Sean

Answer
Hey Eric,

Given the follow example of periods, 5sec -> 10sec -> 15sec
After the initial period expires after 5sec, the match will try the criteria for the next. If no match is found after another 5sec, it will try the next criteria.

So these time-periods cannot overlap as the system does not all two types of criteria to be checked at the same time.
If you want to check 3 criteria with the same time period you would leave the same interval between them, as above.

Sean

Hi, 

That's clear now thanks.

FYI it's not that clear in the tutorial where it's written for 10, 20 and 30 sec periods :

In my example in the screenshot above, my first Threshold will try to find a match based on an Absolute Match Type for 10 seconds. My second and third Thresholds will try to find aRelative match for 20 seconds and a Percentage match for 30 seconds respectively, before the Match ends.

Thanks

Eric

Login to post a comment