Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Android Push Notifications

Hi, I'm using an ANE for our ActionScript project and successfuly retrieving the RegistrationId but it looks like we have something missing since when we use that registration Id to test the push in the test harness it always returns Error 401, any clue would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi Christian

Have you tried using the integrations tab to test the push notifications.

In the google tab you can test push's for android

You can also test iOS in the Apple tab

Regards

Katie

HI Katie,

My bad! I meant that I tested it in the Integrations tab right where you suggested. It just keeps returning that 401 error.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Christian 

Okay can  you check the GCM API key is correct. That is most likely causing the 401 error.

Regards

Katie

Hi Katie,

I'd paste it here, but it's confidential so I'd rather send it somewhere else, can you provide an e-mail to send it to?

Cheers!

Hi Christian

I don't need access to the key I just want you to check it has been entered in the portal correctly.

Cheers

Katie

Hi Katie,

I already followed the steps in Gamespark's tutorial to retrieve and setup that Key in the portal before writing this topic, I may have done something wrong, not sure, but I'd appreciate if you could take a look.

Cheers,

Nevermind Katie, I figured that out already. I suggest you should modify your documentation here: https://docs.gamesparks.net/howtos/push-notifications/android-push-notifications right where it says 

"You should now have an API key that can be used to send push notifications to an android client for your game."

Bear in mind that this could lead to confusion, since when creating the Api Key four options are displayed (see image below):

I chose the wrong one and created an Android Key, where the tutorial should state to choose the "Server Key". 

Just a suggestion, but thanks anyways for the help!

Regards, 

Chris

Login to post a comment