Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

SetDurable longevity?

Hi,

How long does a SetDurable request last? Is it cached in some kind of file on the device, or is the request killed if the application is fully closed? 

Best Answer

As far as I understand, it's stored on the device fie system until the next connection is available to retry (presumably across app sessions, too). I don't know how many times it will retry or in what time intervals or if you can cancel a pending request, though.

Answer

As far as I understand, it's stored on the device fie system until the next connection is available to retry (presumably across app sessions, too). I don't know how many times it will retry or in what time intervals or if you can cancel a pending request, though.

That's definitely good to know if it stays in the filesystem, that's what I was hoping for. I was worried the request would be abandoned if the user exited the game (as in fully closing it from a task manager, not just suspending it).

Hey Matthew,

That is correct, the durable request are stored in a file in the apps folder (you can check this for yourself if you find the app's local folder), and the next time a connection is made those requests in the file will be sent until it is cleared.

Sean

Login to post a comment