Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Authenticating in test harness

The test harness is a great idea, and seems like a powerful tool. But how do I authenticate so I can actually use it? Does everyone really manually "login" every time?

Why isn't there a shortcut using my GameSparks account since I'm already the admin of my project and using a tool authenticated on the GameSparks web site? It seems ridiculous to not have such a convenience for a tool that would otherwise be used a lot.

I already saw the documentation about it, but it doesn't mention where to get any of the required information. How am I supposed to know valid deviceId, deviceModel, deviceName, etc? If I wanted to use something simpler for a human to enter repetitively, like user/pass authentication, how and where do I add a test user so I can login that way?

Hopefully I missed something obvious.

Best Answer

In the past I've created a test user with an empty username+password (by sending a RegistrationRequest with its default parameters). You can then log into this user by just sending an AuthenticationRequest with default (blank) parameters).  This can be quite useful if you don't need to test something on a specific player.

(Yes, it would be nicer if we could select an existing playerId and have it auto-log-in as that that player, though. Or if we could create a list of players and be able to select one from a drop-down to login)

Answer

In the past I've created a test user with an empty username+password (by sending a RegistrationRequest with its default parameters). You can then log into this user by just sending an AuthenticationRequest with default (blank) parameters).  This can be quite useful if you don't need to test something on a specific player.

(Yes, it would be nicer if we could select an existing playerId and have it auto-log-in as that that player, though. Or if we could create a list of players and be able to select one from a drop-down to login)

Thanks, Dave. Using RegistrationRequest to "create" a test user worked. :) Clunky, but I can live with it.

Login to post a comment