Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Team with daily leaderboard only updates on new max score

Hi there,

I'm trying to have Leaderboards that are partitioned with the team id and that store the daily max score of the members, but when I post a new score to that team+date the leaderboard only shows it if the new score is a new max score, is there a way to have both things? (daily + max score)?

My configuration is the next:

Event:

Running Total:

Leaderboard:

Please help!

Chrys

Best Answer

Hi Chrystian,

I've created a test game which I have added you as a collaborator on (you'll be able to find it in the top left hand corner in the portal), in it I have created an event and some leaderboards/running totals for you, if you navigate to the test harness and then scenarios you'll see I have one called "postScores", in it two users from two different teams posting two scores, if you run that scenario then navigate to the manage screen you can see the results, let me know if it's close to what you require, can tweak it some more for you if needed.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Chrystian,

So just to clarify, you want the following. A team Leaderboard that has all of the combined scores from all the players in the team partitioned by teamID/Day, and also the individual scores from each player represented on another Global Leaderboard ? I think you may also want solo daily leaderboards too ? Let me know and I'll help you get them configured.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,

The goal is to have configured the next setting:

(Ldb == Leadebroard)

*A Global Ldb for players that contains the max score in their Lifetime, daily, weekly and monthly.

*A Global Ldb for teams that contains the sum of the scores from the team members, lifetime, daily, weekly and monthly.

*An Internal Team Ldb that contains the performance of each team member lifetime, daily, weekly and monthly.

In the end I configured 12 leaderboards and 9 Running totals:

Each running total correspond to a kind of leaderboard and a kind of date grouping (daily,weekly, monthly)

And each leaderboard reference to this running totals except for the lifetime ones. 

So far everything works as expected, but I would appreciate a lot if you could check my configuration, in case I'm missing an important point.

Best,

Chrys

It's not properly working , at least not all the leaderboards, when I request the monthly leaderboards or the weekly leaderboards I'm just getting the player score if the player post a score before, otherwise the player entry is not showing up, if I check the Lifetime leaderboard I can see the score the player posted other day in the same week or month.

How can I achieve the desired effect?

Thanks in advance,

Chrys

I'm also seeing that my Global ldv that takes the player daily best score its showing not the best daily score, but the lifetime best score. =(

Hi Chrystian, 

Can you let me know which leaderboards are not updating properly ? If possible can you set up a scenario in your game that will login as a test user and post a score to to your leaderboards so I can see the results myself ? After seeing the results I can look into helping you tweak your leaderboard config or build a new one if yours isn't doing exactly what you need to to. Can you let me know the name of your game also ? 

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Sure, the name of the game is "FraktaliaTest", here are the test images:

Player Global Lifetime leaderboard:

Then I logged in the test harness with the STP_04 player and post a score of 10 using a cloud script that post the score to multiple leaderboards (like a global and a per country or team members and team vs team), the event is called "Post Score".

when I go to Manage->Leaderboards to see the result on the daily leaderboard:

I get the lifetime max 17 as the daily score instead of 10, that was the posted score that day.

Thanks,

Chrys

Answer

Hi Chrystian,

I've created a test game which I have added you as a collaborator on (you'll be able to find it in the top left hand corner in the portal), in it I have created an event and some leaderboards/running totals for you, if you navigate to the test harness and then scenarios you'll see I have one called "postScores", in it two users from two different teams posting two scores, if you run that scenario then navigate to the manage screen you can see the results, let me know if it's close to what you require, can tweak it some more for you if needed.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,

I've checked the configuration and test it and is working as I want (I made some little changes because the player ldv where showing the MIN and not the MAX, but everything was ok). I'll try them in the other game and be back to you.

Thanks,

Chrys

Hi Liam, 

I've test them in my other game and it works exactly as needed, thanks for the great help.

Best,

Chrys

Hi Chrys,

Glad to hear it's working for you, if you have any further questions on this you can just post them in here.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment