Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Possible to mutate meta collections from a snippet?

Hiya,

I'm using Screen Builder and Snippets to create an interface for a member of our team so he can make changes to our MongoDBs without having to know how to use the NoSQL tab and its syntax.

For runtime collections this is fine, but I'd like if he could make changes to meta collections as well. However, meta collections are readonly in the JavaScript api. Is there any way to override this when working from a Snippet?

I realize the intention of meta collections is to be readonly when the game is live, but it would be nice to be able to mutate them via Snippets during the game design process.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

-Luke

Best Answer

Hi Luke, 

You're right it's not possible to do it this way on live, what you could do is have this setup in place on preview, allow the changes to be made and then push these changes to live when they have been looked over and approved. Allowing a user to directly edit what can be critical collections in a game on live could lead to issues for your users. If you have any further questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Luke, 

You're right it's not possible to do it this way on live, what you could do is have this setup in place on preview, allow the changes to be made and then push these changes to live when they have been looked over and approved. Allowing a user to directly edit what can be critical collections in a game on live could lead to issues for your users. If you have any further questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment