Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

GS auto registering and authenticating on GS:Initialise()

Hi,

I'm having some issues in trying to detect whether a player has been just registered as a new one or not. The problem is related to the fact that GS automatically registers and authenticates the player when GS.Initialise() is called, while I wanted to call for the authentication manually and read the response.NewPlayer bool in the AuthenticationResponse object. How can I change this behavior? I would like the GS.Initialize to just open a websocket connection to the GS servers and nothing else.

Thanks!

Hi Marco,

GameSparks wouldn't be auto registering a player by default, have you added this behavior yourself ? If you can give me some more details here we can look at it a bit deeper for you.

Thanks,

Liam

Hey Marco,

The authentication response you get from the socket when GS is initializing is an authentication for the socket.
Now, if you are doing a device authentication in the Unity SDK we do store those authentication details and the authentication is automatic when you re-initialize the SDK. You can remove that by deleting the player-prefs in Unity.

If you want to check if you are registering a player that exists, you should get an error code back if the userName exists.
https://api.gamesparks.net/#registrationrequest

Sean

Login to post a comment