Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

The purpose of Aggregators sent in via Game API

I was sending in some new event setup through the game API and received this error:

{"errorMessage":"No aggregation definition found to match event with short code: BLAHBLAH","responseCode":10}

Sure enough in the docs (https://docs.gamesparks.net/documentation/rest-api/game-rest-api) it warns of this in the Events section

Contains Event configuration data including an array of (optional) Event Attributes.  There must be a corresponding Aggregation object with the same short code as the Event.

Huh.  So I looked and sent in an abbreviated Aggregation object that matched (with no aggregationAttributes) and all was well.

So while I guess I sorta understand that these bits are for tracking accumulative totals and such - I don't actually SEE this aggregate set up in the Configurator anywhere (I would have expected it to be under Leaderboards->Running Totals.  To add to my confusion, you don't have to set up any sort of aggregate in order to add an event in the Configurator portal manually - (and again - one doesn't appear to show up anywhere after the fact).

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Best Answer

Just a note to say that we have taken this issue to the tickets with Jeff.

From the ticket: 

"these are for any attributes that require some calculation or input from the platform itself, any attributes that are set to be "Used In Script" won't appear in the aggregations list for the event."

"if used in a leaderboard the events aggregationAttribute will be referenced here."

Thanks,

Oisin

1 Comment

Answer

Just a note to say that we have taken this issue to the tickets with Jeff.

From the ticket: 

"these are for any attributes that require some calculation or input from the platform itself, any attributes that are set to be "Used In Script" won't appear in the aggregations list for the event."

"if used in a leaderboard the events aggregationAttribute will be referenced here."

Thanks,

Oisin

Login to post a comment