Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Customized Leaderboard

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to manage the following situation regarding leaderboards and rewards:
In our game we have "Raids", there are Single Player (SP) and Multiplayer (MP) raids.
 - In SP a player has 7 days to defeat the opponent which has, let's say, 10.000 HP points, each try the player hits 150 points, and only when the player defeats the enemy the rewards will be delivered (at that precise moment).

- MP raids work differently, the player needs to be in a Guild (Spark Team) to be able to access it, and basically has the exact same behavior than the single player's, with the difference that all players are attacking the same opponent. They increase their own score at each hit. Once the SUM of all the players scores is equal to the enemy's HP points it will mean it's been defeated, the raid will be flagged as "finished" and the players will have to wait until the weekly reset (currently Wednesdays at 10h), where the MP Raids Rewards are delivered only to those guilds that have finished the MP Raid.
We could really use some help here, thank you very much!

Javier

Best Answer

Hi Javier,

For the single player you could have an event with a HP number attribute set to SUM, then an SP Raid Leaderboard set up to feed off this running total and finally an Achievement that's pointed to the SP Raid Leaderboard with its trigger data set to "HP >= 10000", meaning that when a player hits the 10000 on that Leaderboard the achievement will be awarded instantly.

For the multiplayer part you could have a a similar setup only with a Leaderboard that is set to Calculate Weekly, this would mean at the very end of the week when the Leaderboard is calculated all of the teams with 10000 or more (ie have finished the raid) will have the achievement awarded to them. Does that sound like a workable solution for you ? Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Liam

1 person has this question

Interesting problem Javier,

We'll look into this soon and get back to you with a suggestion.

Thanks,

Oisin

Answer

Hi Javier,

For the single player you could have an event with a HP number attribute set to SUM, then an SP Raid Leaderboard set up to feed off this running total and finally an Achievement that's pointed to the SP Raid Leaderboard with its trigger data set to "HP >= 10000", meaning that when a player hits the 10000 on that Leaderboard the achievement will be awarded instantly.

For the multiplayer part you could have a a similar setup only with a Leaderboard that is set to Calculate Weekly, this would mean at the very end of the week when the Leaderboard is calculated all of the teams with 10000 or more (ie have finished the raid) will have the achievement awarded to them. Does that sound like a workable solution for you ? Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the reply. Yes it sounds very good, I'll try it. Hope it works ;)

Javier

Hi Javier,

No problem, if you have any further questions after trying this just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment