Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Redis replication/redundancy

Howdy GameSparks folks!

While I was excited to see that we have access to a redis instance through the Spark object , I had a couple of followup questions.

I've found redis to be invaluable for complex ever-changing leaderboard data - not only to quickly update - but to quickly retrieve complex custom leaderboard results.  In the past, I've relied on AWS ElastiCache replication and failover - so that my redis dataset was pretty rock-solid in terms of availability and persistence.  How is the GameSparks redis implementation managed in terms of replication or redundancy?  If the redis instance is 'lost', all my cached data is lost - and repopulating it can be a lengthy affair.  While I have no problem wiring a 'defensive' codebase to deal with that, I'm trying to get a feel for the reliability behind the provided redis instance.

thanks in advance!!

Best Answer

Hi Jeff,

Every game on the platform has its very own dedicated Redis master/slave instances which are also configured to use an AOF for guaranteed persistence. Failover is handled automatically so you can be confident that your data is safe.

Thanks,

Liam

Answer

Hi Jeff,

Every game on the platform has its very own dedicated Redis master/slave instances which are also configured to use an AOF for guaranteed persistence. Failover is handled automatically so you can be confident that your data is safe.

Thanks,

Liam

outstanding..thanks much!

Login to post a comment