Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

LogEventRequest questions.

Hello,

I've recently implemented the GameSparks C++ SDK into my application and i have some questions regarding the LogEventRequest
operation. Basically, I've initiated the SDK and used DeviceAuthenticationRequest to authenticate the used at the start of my application.

After which i trigger Events (that i created on the Portal) at specific times, so i can track the players progression and decisions (like if he finished a puzzle by completing or skipping, or simply counting how many different puzzles has he started).

Now, my question is, how can i view (on the Portal) how many events per player have been triggered, which ones and so on? I was not able to find
any analytic data regarding events on the portal and no additional collections were created after a successful LogEventRequest. Is it even possible to do what i want with the GameSparks platform, do i have the right approach, and if not how should i do it?

Any help would be great! Thank you!

Best Answer

Hi Kristijan,

You can see what events your players have sent by navigating to the Admin Screens and clicking on the "Player" search. You can fill in criteria here and return the players that match, you can then click the edit icon and go in and see which events each player has sent. In the example below I've searched for players located in Ireland(you can more criteria to refine the results) and clicked in on the first returned players

In the Request Log in the bottom right you can see the events sent by this player. You can click on the icon on the right to get the details of the request and the response it received.

You can also build a custom chart that will allow you to view data that matches a certain criteria. While in the Admin Screens you can check out the Charts Tab, in there you can click into the "total_requests" chart.

In here I'm checking for AuthenticationRequests that have the user.id field that's not empty in the response (this will return all players). I've set it to output as a DataTable. Here you can see there have been 7 in total that fit this criteria. In your game you could check for your custom event and filter the results to see if a player skipped it or completed the puzzle.

You can read more about Dynamic Forms, Charts and Screens here and here. If you have any further questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

Answer

Hi Kristijan,

You can see what events your players have sent by navigating to the Admin Screens and clicking on the "Player" search. You can fill in criteria here and return the players that match, you can then click the edit icon and go in and see which events each player has sent. In the example below I've searched for players located in Ireland(you can more criteria to refine the results) and clicked in on the first returned players

In the Request Log in the bottom right you can see the events sent by this player. You can click on the icon on the right to get the details of the request and the response it received.

You can also build a custom chart that will allow you to view data that matches a certain criteria. While in the Admin Screens you can check out the Charts Tab, in there you can click into the "total_requests" chart.

In here I'm checking for AuthenticationRequests that have the user.id field that's not empty in the response (this will return all players). I've set it to output as a DataTable. Here you can see there have been 7 in total that fit this criteria. In your game you could check for your custom event and filter the results to see if a player skipped it or completed the puzzle.

You can read more about Dynamic Forms, Charts and Screens here and here. If you have any further questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

1 person likes this
Hi Liam,

that's exactly what i was looking for, thank you for the explanation. Looks like it's gonna take some time to setup all the charts i need, but at least now i know how to.
Thank again for you time.

Regards!

Login to post a comment