Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

call cloud code function from developer portal

we have a cloud code maintenance script that needs to be manually call from the developer portal. is the only way to do this via the test harness? we wish to segregate the server maintenance script from the rest of the events not meant to be called manually. is there a way to do that?

Best Answer

i have figured out the answer to my own question -- the way to do it is via the dynamic forms in the manage section. the gs-forms can call cloud code javascript functions, and the screens/snippets allow fine-grained access control. 

1 person has this question

Hi Hamlet,

Can you go into a little more detail about what you wish to accomplish? 

Thanks,

Oisin.

hi oisin,

for example, i have a cloud code function that resets the game's high scores. currently, the game admin logs into the gamesparks developer portal and use the test harness to trigger an event that calls this cloud code function. however, since the test harness also has access to a whole bunch of other events that should never be called manually, we are worried that the game admin might accidentally trigger those events. we want to prevent game admins from calling those other events, so we are looking for a way to let them call the cloud code function without using the test harness. thanks!

ham

Answer

i have figured out the answer to my own question -- the way to do it is via the dynamic forms in the manage section. the gs-forms can call cloud code javascript functions, and the screens/snippets allow fine-grained access control. 

Login to post a comment