Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Experiments with properties

Hi there!

The experiments feature looks really good! I was wondering if it was possible to use it to return different property values in the same way? Currently we can use property sets to segment users into multiple groups pointing at different properties which sort of does the job but I like the way that the experiments specify start and end dates and treat it more as an experiment than a permanent feature.

We currently store our games difficulty configs in the properties section and were hoping to utilise the experiments to effectively ab test different configurations on different user groups.

Cheers

Scott

Best Answer
Hey Hamlet,

You can get the segment value of a player using the SparkPlayer api.
https://docs.gamesparks.net/documentation/cloud-code-api/spark-cloud-code-api/sparkplayer#getSegmentValue

If i understand the first part of your question though, you would like to be able to assign a property set to certain player between two dates?
This could be achieved with a custom management screen, but how do you intend to select players?

Thanks,
Sean

1 person has this question

Hey Scott, I'll look into this for you and get back to you with an answer soon. 

Best Regards, Patrick. 

hello! i'm having the same exact question -- we would like to experiment with our custom configuration data (difficulty, turn duration etc), and having some way to segmentize properties would make that possible. 

alternatively, is there a way to get the experimental state of the current SparkPlayer in the cloud code so that we can select our own config data conditionally?

Answer
Hey Hamlet,

You can get the segment value of a player using the SparkPlayer api.
https://docs.gamesparks.net/documentation/cloud-code-api/spark-cloud-code-api/sparkplayer#getSegmentValue

If i understand the first part of your question though, you would like to be able to assign a property set to certain player between two dates?
This could be achieved with a custom management screen, but how do you intend to select players?

Thanks,
Sean

Login to post a comment