Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Testing timed Leaderboards

Hi,

I have a leaderboard set to "Calculate daily". I want to test it several times per day, so I don't have to wait one day every time I want to test something. Is that possible? If so, could you tell me how?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Hi Javier,

A Reset Leaderboard will show the scores in Real Time and then reset them at the end of every Day/Week/Month. A Calculate Leaderboard will only calculate and display results at the end of the Day/Week/Month. If you had a Virtual Good reward in place for getting to #1 on the Reset Leaderboard, a player could earn it by getting to #1 at any time on a given Day/Week/Month. If you had a Virtual Good reward in place for getting to #1 on the Calculate Leaderboard, the player would only receive it when the Leaderboard is calculated, which would again be at the end of each Day/Week/Month. Hope that clears it up for you, if you have any further questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Javier,

I'm afraid it's not possible to test the Calculate Leaderboards ahead of the calculation time. What exactly is it that you're looking to test ? If you can let us know what you're trying to do we can help you find a solution.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,
I was trying to test the Reset and Calculate parameters of the timed leaderboards, because I don't fully understand the difference between them. I set my project up to give a virtual good to the first player in the leaderboard every day. It worked with Calculate, but not with Reset.
I wanted to do more test per day, instead of having to wait to the next day. But if it cannot be done...I'll keep trying. I would appreciate a short explanation abour the difference between Reset and Calculate.

Thank you very much!

Answer

Hi Javier,

A Reset Leaderboard will show the scores in Real Time and then reset them at the end of every Day/Week/Month. A Calculate Leaderboard will only calculate and display results at the end of the Day/Week/Month. If you had a Virtual Good reward in place for getting to #1 on the Reset Leaderboard, a player could earn it by getting to #1 at any time on a given Day/Week/Month. If you had a Virtual Good reward in place for getting to #1 on the Calculate Leaderboard, the player would only receive it when the Leaderboard is calculated, which would again be at the end of each Day/Week/Month. Hope that clears it up for you, if you have any further questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,
I'll try and let you know. Thank you very much!

Login to post a comment