Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Import leaderboard data

Hello,

I just switched from Steam leaderboard to GameSparks leaderboard and I want to import the Steam leaderboard data to GameSparks collections.

I though I could use cloud code and the function Spark.sendRequestAs. My question is in what kind of cloud code can I use this function ? Currently, I have created a custom event and hooked the following script to it:

{

"@class": ".LogEventResponse",

"scriptData": {

"response": "{\"@class\":\".LogEventResponse\",\"error\":{\"authentication\":\"NOTAUTHORIZED\"}}"

}

}

{

"@class": ".LogEventRequest",

"eventKey": "SCORE_IMPORT_EVT",

"SCORE_VAL": 43840,

"PARTITION_VAL": "16901",

"RACETYPE_VAL": "TimeAttack",

"GAMEMODE_VAL": "RaceOfTheDay",

"PLAYERID_VAL": "56e3f25616e2400499081f37"

}

statementCount: 2

{

"@class": ".AuthenticationResponse",

"authToken": "bee79297-4f06-4753-9be6-afe78fe99cc7",

"displayName": "p1",

"newPlayer": false,

"scriptData": {

"Version": "0.13.52"

},

"userId": "565d79bbe4b005773d6d2903"

}

{

"@class": ".AuthenticationRequest",

"password": "p1",

"userName": "p1"

}

I also tried the same thing but directly connecting from the nodejs sdk (found here:https://bitbucket.org/gamesparks/gamesparks-node-server-sdk) but this time without player authentication (I'm using the server url with the server secret from credentials panel). In this case, I'm directly sending the with the correct playerid, but again I have authentication issue.

WebSocket onMessage: {"@class": ".AuthenticatedConnectResponse","connectUrl": "wss://gsp-aeu001-se14.gamesparks.net/ws/server-send/295146vW8Eww","requestId": "0"}

WebSocket onOpen: Connected

WebSocket onMessage: {"@class":".AuthenticatedConnectResponse","nonce":"fe61a97a-d134-4384-8d99-e5ec985852e0","requestId":"0"}

WebSocket onMessage: {"@class":".AuthenticatedConnectResponse","requestId":"0","sessionId":"fe61a97a-d134-4384-8d99-e5ec985852e0"}

here

create callback

VERBOSE pool gamesparks - timeout: 1460366989218

INFO pool gamesparks - dispense() clients=0 available=1

VERBOSE pool gamesparks - availableObjects.length=1

VERBOSE pool gamesparks - availableObjects.length=1

INFO pool gamesparks - dispense() clients=1 available=1

VERBOSE pool gamesparks - dispense() - reusing obj

I am ready

WebSocket send: {"eventKey":"SCORE_EVT","DATA_VAL":"5704dde32c3d6104a4b57d4e:demo","SCORE_VAL":199,"PARTITION_VAL":"16901","GAMEMODE_VAL":"RaceOfTheDay","RACETYPE_VAL":"TimeAttack","playerId":"5704dde32c3d6104a4b5

7d4e","@class":".LogEventRequest","requestId":"1460366961574_1"}

WebSocket onMessage: {"@class":".LogEventResponse","error":{"authentication":"NOTAUTHORIZED"},"requestId":"1460366961574_1"}

{"@class":".LogEventResponse","error":{"authentication":"NOTAUTHORIZED"},"requestId":"1460366961574_1"}

I found very little documentation about the function Spark.sendRequestAs and about the credentials parameters for integrating with other server. Any idea how I can achieve this ?

Thanks for your help

Best Answer

Hi Vincent,

Apologies for the delayed response. How many players in total do you need to do this for ? You can read about Security Credentials here and how to use them here. In this case I think a BatchAdminRequest or ScheduleBulkJobAdminRequest would be the best way to achieve this. You can read more about how to execute a bulk job here. So if you export the Steam Leaderboard data and then upload it to a GameSparks collection in Json format you could have an event or script that will search for the matching SteamId and then post it to the GameSparks Leaderboard. While using a BatchAdminRequest you would supply the playerIds (up to 500 at a time) of the players who have scores you like to re post, you would supply an event that you want to run against each player in Json format, check below for an example.

//request sent from Test Harness
{
 "@class": ".BatchAdminRequest",
 "playerIds": [
  "570b686ef528a1ccf49e8a6b","570d48a8f528a1ccf49e9f25","570e1319808eb904a5e33677" //etc....
 ],
 "request": {
 "eventKey": "repostScores"
 }
}

In Cloud Code for the event supplied in this BatchAdminRequest you could do use "var extIds = Spark.getPlayer().getExternalIds();" and check if the players steam ID is located in the collection of Steam scores you uploaded. If it is, then use a SparkRequest to post it to the GameSparks Leaderboard. Using a ScheduleBulkJobAdminRequest would work in a similar way only it would run a supplied script on players that match the query in the request. Here you could check the player collection and if a player has a steamId then check if they have an entry in the steam leaderboard collection you uploaded, if they do, post the score found there for them. To send either of these requests form the Test Harness you need to enable them in "debug" in the credentials window in integrations. If you navigate to there in the portal and click edit on "debug" you can click on the admin tab and enable the admin requests you require. These can now be sent from the Test Harness as a game admin user, you don't need to authenticate as a player to do this.

Let me know if this helps, if you need any further assistance just let us know.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Vincent,

You won't be able to send any data to GameSparks if you are not authorized. Can you give us some samples of the Steam Leaderboard data so we can look into the best way to get this set up for you ?

Thanks,

Liam

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I can access the data from the Steam community in xml format. For example: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/384330/leaderboards/1203745/?xml=1. But I can reformat the leaderboard data in json first and then upload the json file. (It may be easier).

1/ How do I get authorized?

2/ If I use the secret 'server-send', and connect using the node.js to the correct url, am I in the authorized state?

3/ Basicaly, how can I use these credentials?

Cheers,

Vincent

Hello,

Any news on this?

Thanks

Vincent

Answer

Hi Vincent,

Apologies for the delayed response. How many players in total do you need to do this for ? You can read about Security Credentials here and how to use them here. In this case I think a BatchAdminRequest or ScheduleBulkJobAdminRequest would be the best way to achieve this. You can read more about how to execute a bulk job here. So if you export the Steam Leaderboard data and then upload it to a GameSparks collection in Json format you could have an event or script that will search for the matching SteamId and then post it to the GameSparks Leaderboard. While using a BatchAdminRequest you would supply the playerIds (up to 500 at a time) of the players who have scores you like to re post, you would supply an event that you want to run against each player in Json format, check below for an example.

//request sent from Test Harness
{
 "@class": ".BatchAdminRequest",
 "playerIds": [
  "570b686ef528a1ccf49e8a6b","570d48a8f528a1ccf49e9f25","570e1319808eb904a5e33677" //etc....
 ],
 "request": {
 "eventKey": "repostScores"
 }
}

In Cloud Code for the event supplied in this BatchAdminRequest you could do use "var extIds = Spark.getPlayer().getExternalIds();" and check if the players steam ID is located in the collection of Steam scores you uploaded. If it is, then use a SparkRequest to post it to the GameSparks Leaderboard. Using a ScheduleBulkJobAdminRequest would work in a similar way only it would run a supplied script on players that match the query in the request. Here you could check the player collection and if a player has a steamId then check if they have an entry in the steam leaderboard collection you uploaded, if they do, post the score found there for them. To send either of these requests form the Test Harness you need to enable them in "debug" in the credentials window in integrations. If you navigate to there in the portal and click edit on "debug" you can click on the admin tab and enable the admin requests you require. These can now be sent from the Test Harness as a game admin user, you don't need to authenticate as a player to do this.

Let me know if this helps, if you need any further assistance just let us know.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment