Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Passing ScriptData between different Requests/Response and Messages (between different players)

Hi,

I'm following the Hearthstone example where a challenge is automatically created during match making using the MatchMakingRequest and MatchFound message.

I want to pass some custom ScriptData in the MatchMakingRequest to use in the CreateChallengeRequest. However, in the Cloud Code, the ScriptData doesn't seem to show up or at least, I don't know where to acces it.

What is the preferred or best practice way to pass (small amounts of) data between different requests/response and message (between different players)?

Thanks!

Jeffry

1 person has this question

Hi Jeffry,

Can you replicate your issue in the test harness and show us the logs please?

Thanks,

Oisin.

Don't know if it fix your issue, but if you write  Spark.setScriptData("name", value); in a request, you can retrieve that data in the response by using value = Spark.getScriptData("name");

You can then broadcast a message with this value.

Thanks, I figured it out!

Still no good solution for this.

I have exactly same problem as @Jeffry has . I want to pass some custom ScriptData in the MatchMakingRequest to use in the CreateChallengeRequest . 

For example setting difficulty in  MatchMakingRequest.scritData and then access it on MatchFoundMessage.ScriptData . But is seems it isn't same scriptData .

How can I do that ? @Liam Please help.

Thank you for your answers

Try Spark.getData().scriptData

Login to post a comment