Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Passing ScriptData between different Requests/Response and Messages (between different players)

Hi,

I'm following the Hearthstone example where a challenge is automatically created during match making using the MatchMakingRequest and MatchFound message.

I want to pass some custom ScriptData in the MatchMakingRequest to use in the CreateChallengeRequest. However, in the Cloud Code, the ScriptData doesn't seem to show up or at least, I don't know where to acces it.

What is the preferred or best practice way to pass (small amounts of) data between different requests/response and message (between different players)?

Thanks!

Jeffry

1 person has this question

Thanks, I figured it out!

Hi Jeffry,

Can you replicate your issue in the test harness and show us the logs please?

Thanks,

Oisin.

Still no good solution for this.

I have exactly same problem as @Jeffry has . I want to pass some custom ScriptData in the MatchMakingRequest to use in the CreateChallengeRequest . 

For example setting difficulty in  MatchMakingRequest.scritData and then access it on MatchFoundMessage.ScriptData . But is seems it isn't same scriptData .

How can I do that ? @Liam Please help.

Thank you for your answers

Try Spark.getData().scriptData

Don't know if it fix your issue, but if you write  Spark.setScriptData("name", value); in a request, you can retrieve that data in the response by using value = Spark.getScriptData("name");

You can then broadcast a message with this value.

Login to post a comment