Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Removing multiple external authentication

So I know how to disconnect the external authentication (like fb or such) one by one, but how can I do that more than one by one? I need to wipe the server data and not having able to do multiples is a chore. Is there any effective way to do this?

Thank you

Best Answer

Hi Timotius,

You could do this a couple of ways, one way would be to have a Multi Stage setup in place for your game. You can read more about that here. With this in place you can simply copy a Snapshot into the next stage when ready. When you do this the copied Snapshot will contain your games Configuration but the runtime and system collection data (including  externalAuthentication) will have been cleared so you will have a clean slate of data to work with.

Another way to do it would be with the new BatchAdminRequest, you can read more about that here. To enable this you need to click into the integrations tab, then click edit on "debug" in the credentials window.

When in there you need to enable the BatchAdminRequest and save the settings, check the image below for reference on how to do this.

Now back in the Test Harness you can supply an array of players (between 1 & 500 ) to perform the batch request on, here it is performing a SocialDisconnectRequest for Facebook on 3 players.

You don't need to be authenticated to send this request, just logged in as an admin user for the Game, beare in mind if a player has only performed a FacebookConnectRequest to authenticate with the game they will need to have a password set on their account before disconnecting from Facebook. If you have any further questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

Answer

Hi Timotius,

You could do this a couple of ways, one way would be to have a Multi Stage setup in place for your game. You can read more about that here. With this in place you can simply copy a Snapshot into the next stage when ready. When you do this the copied Snapshot will contain your games Configuration but the runtime and system collection data (including  externalAuthentication) will have been cleared so you will have a clean slate of data to work with.

Another way to do it would be with the new BatchAdminRequest, you can read more about that here. To enable this you need to click into the integrations tab, then click edit on "debug" in the credentials window.

When in there you need to enable the BatchAdminRequest and save the settings, check the image below for reference on how to do this.

Now back in the Test Harness you can supply an array of players (between 1 & 500 ) to perform the batch request on, here it is performing a SocialDisconnectRequest for Facebook on 3 players.

You don't need to be authenticated to send this request, just logged in as an admin user for the Game, beare in mind if a player has only performed a FacebookConnectRequest to authenticate with the game they will need to have a password set on their account before disconnecting from Facebook. If you have any further questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

The problem with this approach is that The player need to change their user detail (specifically their password like you said). I tried to change details with BatchAdminRequest and it cannot (said that it was unauthorized). So I ended up manually login to each account and change their details, then remove the facebook connection. It's not a lot this time, but I can't imagine doing this for 30+ users. 

Login to post a comment