Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

User Credentials Config

in the latest Platform Release 2016-02-24, i see the following item:

Story --- Credentials is now user configurable allowing custom configuration and creation. (6113)

it sounds like a feature that we are interested in, but we haven't be able to find relevant documentation. would you be so kind to tell us where to look for more info pls? 

Best Answer

You can see this in action if you go to the Configurator->Overview and click the padlock icon (Security details). You should see a new credentials section, where you can create new credentials and limit what part of the GameSparks API they can use.

Hi Hamlet,

That documentation is being finalized currently and will be released soon.

Thanks,

Oisin

Answer

You can see this in action if you go to the Configurator->Overview and click the padlock icon (Security details). You should see a new credentials section, where you can create new credentials and limit what part of the GameSparks API they can use.

To actually use these credential, you need to scope the GameSparks api key with the crendentials (currently not documented anywhere), so instead of just passing the gamesparks api key you pass "<credential short code>/gamesparks api key" when connecting.

For example, assuming you have the following credentials defined:
server (shortcode) abcdefgh (secret)

Need to pass this to the SDK as below (example based on the C++ SDK):
class PlatformDescription : public IGSPlatform
    {
    public:
        PlatformDescription()
           :IGSPlatform
           (
           "server/12345";   // <credential short code>/<GameSparks Api Key>
           "abcdefgh";     // <credential secret>
           true, // use the preview server?
           true // do you want verbose debugging?
           )
       {

Awesome, this was exactly what I was looking for. I'm working on a JavaScript game, so basically no way of protecting my games Api Secret. Now I can create a player credential that can only perform the requests I want and don't have to expose my Api Secret.

Hi guys,

We have some documentation in relation to Credentials live on the site. You can check them out here and here.

Thanks,

Liam

I am trying to setup the kit in Unity and all I am getting is GS: ERROR: UNKNOWN SERVICE.

According to the outdated Unity getting started guide I have to enter my Api Key and Api Secret but there is no mention at all about Credential...

This means that I have to stop testing GameSparks before I even got half way down the first page of the installation instructions. How awesome :(

GS: ERROR: UNKNOWN SERVICE. I've seen this before and the problem was my GameSparks settings didn't have "preview" option turn on. This should be on by default tho.

1 person likes this

credential should be "device" by default basically all you need to put in there is the credential type you want to use, you can see that in the credentials section of the portal.

GS: ERROR: UNKNOWN SERVICE. I've seen this error before, I solved it by turning on the "preview" option in the GameSparks settings in Unity. This should be ON by default tho.

credential should be "device" by default basically all you need to put in there is the credential type you want to use, you can see that in the credentials section of the portal.

GS: ERROR: UNKNOWN SERVICE. I've seen this error before, I solved it by turning on the "preview" option in the GameSparks settings in Unity. This should be ON by default tho.

PD. Support I'm getting the error when posting something in this forum using Google Chrome again. This is annoying.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment