Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

"Manage" tutorials questions

I am very new to GameSparks and I am examining it as the backend for an upcoming product. IN general, I have found your tutorials to be very good, but I ran into a couple things which confused me.
1. In the Dynamic Forms Tutorial, during the user_query snippet creation, I was not able to get either the "exists" or "not_exists" conditions to appear in the rule menu, as shown in the example , even when it was clearly part of the query markup (see exists_notexists.jpg, attached). Is this a bug, or has the implementation of this changed in some way since the tutorial was written, or am I just doing something incorrectly?
2. In the Custom Analytics Dashboard Tutorial using Dynamic Forms, in the Errors chart creation section, I was not able to select a "response.error" filter for some conditions shown in the tutorial example, for example for a DeviceAuthenticationRequest(see noResponse.error.jpg, below). My question is the same as above--what is the disconnect between what the example shows and what I am doing.
3. This seems to be more plainly a cosmetic, but significant bug: in the Total Players Chart section of the same tutorial as question 2, the Request Type appeared to be reverting back  to AccountDetailsRequest, no matter what I set it to before saving (se Chartbuilder-bug.jpg). After some experimenting, I found that the different types were not actually reverting, and the chart was displaying correctly in the combined Analytics Screen--it just looked wrong in the editor.

Let me know if you need more info, and thanks!

Best Answer

Hi Michael, 

1. I'll have to look into this and get back to you, I've just noticed that they are indeed in the snippet but not usable in the query itself.

2. As mentioned in the tutorial -  "Note: The Charts are game-dependent and will be unique for every game. For this reason some of the charts in this tutorial, might use requests that do not exist in your configuration" so if you are unable to select "response.error" for a particular event it may be because the event in question doesn't have any errors logged for it yet. Make sure the event you are testing has had some errors beforehand.

3. Thanks for pointing this one out, I'll look into this one some more too. 

If you have any other questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

It looks like the uploaded images did not show up, so here they are: 
exists_notexists.jpg:

exists_notexists.jpg

noResponse.error.jpg

Chartbuilder-bug.jpg

Answer

Hi Michael, 

1. I'll have to look into this and get back to you, I've just noticed that they are indeed in the snippet but not usable in the query itself.

2. As mentioned in the tutorial -  "Note: The Charts are game-dependent and will be unique for every game. For this reason some of the charts in this tutorial, might use requests that do not exist in your configuration" so if you are unable to select "response.error" for a particular event it may be because the event in question doesn't have any errors logged for it yet. Make sure the event you are testing has had some errors beforehand.

3. Thanks for pointing this one out, I'll look into this one some more too. 

If you have any other questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Liam

Thanks! For #2, I was not sure how to trigger a DeviceAuthenticationRequest response.error. As far as my currently limited understanding goes, a response.error is triggered by a correctly configured request, but with bad data (like an incorrect password in an Authentication request). DeviceAuthenticationRequest seems content to accept any values I send as long as the request is not malformed, at which point it is not recognized as a valid DeviceAuthenticationRequest in the first place.

Hey Michael,

What kind of deviceauth request are you doing?
If you are doing it from the test-harness it is kind of a special case because you are feeding it all the unique ids that it would usually get from the client-device or browser.
So it would be hard for deviceauth request to fail under normal circumstances because if you give it some foney details, it just thinks its another unique device and you cant duplicate a login on the same device unless you run two instances of the same app at the same time, which you cant do on most platforms.

So, in answer to your question, you can generate the same error as with a regular auth-request, but im hard-pressed to think of a way how?

Maybe someone else can mess with them an let me know?

Sean

Login to post a comment