Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Database backup

Hi, how can I make whole db backup for secure reasons? Is it possible? I know that I can use find/import query but its useless for e.g. 100k players db

Best Answer

Hi Marcin,

Not possible I'm afraid.

We run a backup of all our databases each morning, but only offer restore options to customers in cases of extreme emergency.

For normal game stage management we offer a great snapshot system (more about Multi-Stage Publishing here), and like I said you can export your own collections any time you wish.

Thanks,

Oisin

You can export your collections from the NoSQL tab.

In case of extreme data loss we do our own backups.

Thanks,

Oisin

Thank you for quick reply. But can we get somehow access to that of your own full-backups? Or is it impossible?

Answer

Hi Marcin,

Not possible I'm afraid.

We run a backup of all our databases each morning, but only offer restore options to customers in cases of extreme emergency.

For normal game stage management we offer a great snapshot system (more about Multi-Stage Publishing here), and like I said you can export your own collections any time you wish.

Thanks,

Oisin

As a followup is there an API for the export? How would we automate this as a daily task?

This was marked as answered but I did not receive a reply. Can someone answer my question please? Thanks.

Hi Ryan

You can use GameSparks REST API to call a find query and save the results.

Let me know if that will work for you.

Cheers

Katie

Hi Katie,

Thanks, that should help.

Login to post a comment