Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Achievement Descriptions in Unity3D

I have managed to create an AchievementMessageHandler in Unity, which, once the player earns a Message displays the Title / Name of the Achievement using following code:

Now I have been trying to retrieve the description of the Achievement as well, but none of the options in Unity for _message allow me to retrieve it.

The above Code will will return the Achievement (see image below):
"Welcome! You just earned Welcome!"

Instead I would like it to say: "Welcome! Enjoy your stay with GSN"

So in the AchievementEarnedMessage I tried to change it (see image below), I saw that the field said "You just earned ${achievementName}" so I assumed that "${achievementDescription}" should return the description of the Achievement, it didn't. (I had changed it to achievementName at the time of the screenshot)

Can anyone tell me, how I could return the description for the achievement and where I can find more info about how the message codes work (like ${achievementName})

Best Answer

Hi Atathan,

The easy way to do it would be to set the achievements name to "Welcome! Enjoy your stay with GSN" and the default message to ${achievementName},although you would then have to configure the names for each achievement you create after this as the default is no longer "You just earned ${achievementName}". I'm not sure if ${achievementDescription} or anything else like it is usable, i'll look into this some more and get back to you.

Thanks,

Liam

Thanks, for the time being I will just set the Name to "Welcome!:Enjoy your stay with GSN" then split the text in Unity at the ' : '.

Answer

Hi Atathan,

The easy way to do it would be to set the achievements name to "Welcome! Enjoy your stay with GSN" and the default message to ${achievementName},although you would then have to configure the names for each achievement you create after this as the default is no longer "You just earned ${achievementName}". I'm not sure if ${achievementDescription} or anything else like it is usable, i'll look into this some more and get back to you.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment