Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

GameSparks Hang up on Initialization in Unity3D

I noticed strange behaviour in my case. 

Everything is updated on my side in regards of code and setup.

When GS should initialize it prints out in console that it is connecting to API:

GS: Connecting to:wss://preview.gamesparks.net/ws/rest_of_url

After that it just hangs up on that message, nothing more is printed in console so I intentionally de-focus Unity3D editor and click back to regain focus. After I do this, initialization proceed as normal. Eg it gets to state where it prints out:

GS: Available

I'm not sure what is causing this but intended to post it here in case anyone else having problems and trying to figure out what is going on. I could not trace what is causing this delay.

So in case anyone else have same problem just de-focus and re-focus Unity3D editor and it should continue.

(*) Even if I wait for couple of minutes without de-focussing editor window it won't proceed to message about "GS: Available"...

Cheers. 

3 people have this problem

Hi Ian,

We are aware of this issue and it will be addressed in an upcoming Portal update. 

Thanks,

Liam

1 person likes this

NOTE: Downgrading back to 5.3.1 from most recent Unity version solved this partially. Most probably it is caused by Unity editor because latest version considered "final" marked with 'f' is real crap. You should avoid it. I'm talking 5.3.2p2 which is so much crap they issued patch day after or so..

We also experience this from time to time. Mostly it works again after a couple of minutes.

We still see the Unity editor freeze up every other time you hit Play, on the latest version 5.4.  Is there any plan to fix this?  We were very anxious to try out GameSparks in our current project, but this is a bit of a non-starter.

+1 on the "it would be nice to have a full release history so we can now what actually changed between each release."  Odd that the SDK download page WOULDN'T point to the latest sdk....

Hi Jeff, 

You're right it appears that the SDK page is linking to the old SDK(59). I'll get that updated.

Thanks,

Liam

Same here, updated to the newest SDK and now Unity keeps crashing after every second compile. Really annoying!

@Andrew Hi, are you sure that you are entering the entire API secret? My problem as stated above was fixed by double clicking the API secret to select it all, then copying.

Hi Glenn/Fiete,

The issue you describe has been addressed in the latest SDK which you can grab here. Try that out and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Liam

Thank you Liam,

This version is newer than the current link on your GameSparks Unity SDK download.  We'll give it a test tomorrow.

Thank you Liam,
the new version works fine!

Hi Guys,

This issue has been addressed in our latest Unity SDK which you can find here. Try it out and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Liam

note: the 'f1' builds are the latest public builds, not patches. Was running into the same problem with 5.3.3f1, upgrading to 5.3.4f1 now to see if it corrects the problem.

Here is a more detailed call stack of the hang:

(Filename: Assets/GameSparks/Platforms/PlatformBase.cs Line: 144)

GS: SEND:{"@class":".AuthenticatedConnectRequest","hmac":"*********************","os":"WP8","platform":"WindowsEditor","deviceId":"*********************","authToken":""}

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])

UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)

GameSparks.Platforms.<DebugMsg>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0() (at Assets\GameSparks\Platforms\PlatformBase.cs:144)

GameSparks.Platforms.PlatformBase:Update() (at Assets\GameSparks\Platforms\PlatformBase.cs:67)

GS: RECV:{"@class":".AuthenticatedConnectResponse","error":"VALIDATION FAILURE","requestId":"0"}

GameSparks.Platforms.<DebugMsg>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0() (at Assets\GameSparks\Platforms\PlatformBase.cs:144)

GameSparks.Platforms.PlatformBase:Update() (at Assets\GameSparks\Platforms\PlatformBase.cs:67)

GS: VALIDATION FAILURE

Any ideas?

still hanging testing preview configuration in the editor in 5.3.4f1 - does the 'GS Connecting' call to wss://preview.gamesparks.net/ws/... and then hangs, no further responses.

Any ideas what is going on? I'm in Windows 10 if that makes a difference...

Login to post a comment