Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

GameSparks SDK 5.3 for Unity3D requires READ_PHONE_STATE permission

Hi guys,

when I import the GameSparks SDK for Unity3D and generate an Android APK the APK starts to require the permission "READ_PHONE_STATE" which is not acceptable for me. Has anyone seen this problem? Is there a workaround for this or why does GameSparks need this permission?

uses-permission: name='android.permission.INTERNET'
uses-permission: name='android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE'

Reproduction is pretty easy: Create empty Unity 5.3.2 project, import GameSparks SDK, set some random numbers in settings, create APK and run "aapt.exe d permissions <apk name>" to list the permissions needed.

Best Regards,

Thomas

1 person has this problem

This seems to be an issue for us as well. Only now know about it after our game went live (did not happen during testing for some reason) and Android users are saying "WTF"?

Device authentication is critical for our user on-boarding but this prompt to take over e.g. phone functionality creates massive churn.

Can we get an update with this, as mentioned the game is live right now so it's critical for us

Any update on this?

I would like to know as well. How is DeviceId found in PlatformBase.cs utilized by GS? Is it safe to replace SystemInfo.deviceUniqueIdentifier with ANDROID_ID on Android devices as suggested by Jenny Hide?

Having this leads to this permission being requested by the app

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-11%20at%2009.19.29.png

You can probably tell why this would be a problem.

Is this still unsolved? I'm experiencing the same issue 2 years later!

Yeah, still unsolved :(

Login to post a comment