Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Is there a C# SDK?

Is there a standalone C# SDK? Or is there a way to use the C# library outside of Unity?

Best Answer

Hey David,

We currently do not have a C# SDK, however it is something we are planning.

Our Unity SDK does not have any dependencies specific to Unity though, so you could potentially strip the libraries and classes from the Unity SDK and they should integrate fine into your C# project. We've not tried this ourselves however, so if you have any success please let us know. And if this is an urgent issue for you, contact us and we will help.

Sean

Answer

Hey David,

We currently do not have a C# SDK, however it is something we are planning.

Our Unity SDK does not have any dependencies specific to Unity though, so you could potentially strip the libraries and classes from the Unity SDK and they should integrate fine into your C# project. We've not tried this ourselves however, so if you have any success please let us know. And if this is an urgent issue for you, contact us and we will help.

Sean

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it goes. 

(I don't have Unity installed currently... is there a simple way to extract the dlls from the Unity SDK package without having Unity? Is it just a zip file?)

Hey David,

Let me unpack our current SDK and stick it in a zip for you...

This is what is imported into unity from the package.

zip
(799 KB)

FYI: I was successfully able to use the GameSparks.dlls from the Assets.zip plugins folder to make GS calls from my ASP.NET website. Thanks!

Any update on the availability of a C# SDK...  I was able to send requests to GameSparks but was unable to get the async response back. Truthfully, I have only spent a few hours on it but if it is already done, then why recreate the wheel.

I would like to use the API for Xamarin CocosSharp game app. But I would guess if it were to work for CocosSharp then it would work for any Xamarin App.

Stephen R. G. Fraser

I had the same problem as "Stephen Fraster" (I was able to send requests to GameSparks but was unable to get the async response back)

It was happening to me because I forgot to call the "PlatformBase.Update" method (as Unity calls each frame).

Login to post a comment