Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

GameSparks & Platform Services

Hi, I was wondering what is the best approach of dealing with feature overlap between GameSparks and first party SDKs (specifically Google Game Play services or Game Center). Say I am setting up a leaderboard, would I need to submit scores using both APIs?

Thanks in advance

Nick

Best Answer
Hey Nick,

Yes, you would have to submit scores to both GameSparks and to GameCenter. Our leaderboard can be quite different, and go far beyond just a simple rank-style leaderboard, so they would not be compatible with GameCenter for example. The best way to approach this (if you want a simple leaderboard) would be just to submit scores using both APIs. You could even submit to GameSparks using a LogEventRequest and then in the response callback, you can do the same with GameCenter. That way if one fails, you always have the other, just in case.

Hope that helps,
-Sean

That helps a lot, thanks for the prompt response!

Answer
Hey Nick,

Yes, you would have to submit scores to both GameSparks and to GameCenter. Our leaderboard can be quite different, and go far beyond just a simple rank-style leaderboard, so they would not be compatible with GameCenter for example. The best way to approach this (if you want a simple leaderboard) would be just to submit scores using both APIs. You could even submit to GameSparks using a LogEventRequest and then in the response callback, you can do the same with GameCenter. That way if one fails, you always have the other, just in case.

Hope that helps,
-Sean

Login to post a comment