Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Unity leaderboard tutorial, any change of getting at upgraded to support the v7 Facebook SDK?

Hi!

New to Unity, and new to Gamesparks...

I am looking into using Gamesparks for Leaderboard for a current MiniGame, and I'm watching the tutorial at

https://docs.gamesparks.net/tutorials/unity-tutorial-logging-in-to-gamesparks-with-facebook

Looks like it is for the older version of Facebook SDK,and I wondered if there was a newer tutorial somewhere, that supports Facebook SDK 7.

There are many changes, as I understand it, like; FB.Login has changed, so the code in the example doesn't work for the SDK 7.

Njal

Best Answer
Hey Guys,

I you check out the tips&tricks section of the forums you should see a temporary link to our new docs. It might be a few days before this is updated onto the docs-site as we are currently in the process of revamping our docs site, so until then it will be available here.

Thanks,
Sean

3 people have this question

Hi  Njal

GameSparks is up to date with the latest Facebook and Unity SDK. It is very important for us that as soon as an SDK is updated we make sure we are also updated.
We are aware the current unity leaderboard tutorial is out of date. We our currently working on updating our tutorials and documentation.

Thanks
Katie

same problem here,an update would be awesome ,or even just a pastebin or something of updated code for the "LoginManager" script in unity :) It's the only barrier to what are otherwise awesome tutorials !  

Same problem here, using unity 5.3 , Facebook 7.3 And i'm new to GS , folow fb tappybird frame by frame, i know how to login user with the new sdk , but i'm sure the error is about the new login method. But i can't log it and add it to GS . I download the sample , (tappybird) i build it . Once open it on my phone the Facebook caneva pup up but with this error can't log in . My game is ready , now i can't add Add GS . Please update this tutorial. -Login method -get profile pic Everything as changed. Please
png
Hi all

A new tutorial and sample game for Unity are currently in the pipeline.
I will keep you up to date on the progress here and let you know as soon as we release them.
If something in your game it not working you can ask for help on the forums or open a ticket.

Cheers
Katie

Thanks, currently waiting for it. Don't forget no NGui , use the new Ui method please. :-)
Answer
Hey Guys,

I you check out the tips&tricks section of the forums you should see a temporary link to our new docs. It might be a few days before this is updated onto the docs-site as we are currently in the process of revamping our docs site, so until then it will be available here.

Thanks,
Sean

Login to post a comment