Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

GS_MINUTE timeouts and multiple uses

We have a title that requires a few things to happen every minute, each of these has a data aggregation that takes a little time to generate. The issue is that the GS_MINUTE script times out occasionally and is terminated before all operations can be run.

My questions are:

1. What is the time limit on GS_MINUTE

2. Can I have multiple 'every minute' scripts

Best Answer
Hey Arnold,

Our tech-support team are looking into these timeout problems you are having, and will be in contact with you soon.

For reference though, the timeout for GS_MINUTE is 30seconds.

Hope that helps,

-Sean

Answer
Hey Arnold,

Our tech-support team are looking into these timeout problems you are having, and will be in contact with you soon.

For reference though, the timeout for GS_MINUTE is 30seconds.

Hope that helps,

-Sean

With regards to the timeout limit being 30 seconds, is that 30 seconds to return a "script completed" type variable? 

For instance, I want to iterate through every document based on playerID in a collection (using a module function called by GS_MINUTE), every minute and tick off a count until it gets to 30 minutes then, reset the tick to 0 and reward the player X amount of virtual goods.  

During the testing phase, this works great, I only have 15 or so player documents to iterate through and it finishes in a few milliseconds.  Will there be a timeout issue when (if) say my player base reaches 100,000 or so?

Login to post a comment