Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

How To Pull More Robust FB Information

I am allowing users in my game to connect via FB. All I supply the FacebookConnectRequest is an accessToken that is associated with a certain set of read/write permissions. It appears that behind the scenes you are taking this token and polling for more information (I see 'firstName' as an entry under 'extendedInfo' and clearly you are pulling the full name). What is dictating what information is getting pulled. For instance, if I also wanted extendedInfo to include the user's email how would I accomplish this? And again (as I've asked this elsewhere), how do I pull information from the 'extendedInfo' object in an externalAuthentication object via Cloud Code?

Thanks,

Evan

Best Answer
Hi Evan

The information gotten from a FacebookConnectRequest is held in the response like the Display name ,
We do not get the players email from Facebook. You can use a AuthenticationRequest if you want players to sign up using an email/password combination.

Thanks
Katie

1 Comment

Answer
Hi Evan

The information gotten from a FacebookConnectRequest is held in the response like the Display name ,
We do not get the players email from Facebook. You can use a AuthenticationRequest if you want players to sign up using an email/password combination.

Thanks
Katie

Login to post a comment