Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

SPECTATOR MODE FOR MATCHES

Do anybody of the staff think that we will have such an improvement in the future?
In my case, I'm developing a game based on competition, so having a Twitch integration and a Spectator API would be very appreciated.

Right now I can implement a surrogate of the spectator mode by considering a spectator like a normal player (that cannot send any LogEventRequest during the match), but actually a spectator only RECEIVES messages from the match opponents and replicates what is happening on his screen (so I should share all character positions every time that a player joins the match as a spectator).

Do GS staff think that this feature can be analyzed deeply in the future for an API extension?

Thanks for the amazing work.

Hey Adriano,

We currently dont have plans for this feature, but they way you have set it up is a good solution. If spectators are included in the match, but just cannot participate, you can mark them as such and just allow them receive match info instead.

-Sean

2 year bump :) times have changed, and everyone is doing spectator mode -- it's starting to become standard. We're even thinking about joining the spectator train. Any reconsiderations of this?

Login to post a comment