Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

NOT AUTHENTICATED in Facebook

I want to integrate Facebook in my sample game (developed using UNITY 5.2) , I have downloaded FB SDK for unity and GameSparks SDK for unity and imported them into my unity project. Done all configuration settings like, creating a facebook app, linking it with GameSparks, Updating the API keys and IDs in the project. But when I run the game I am getting the error

{"accessToken":"NOTAUTHENTICATED"}

Currently I am using facebook sdk version 7.2 and Gamesparks sdk version 5.3.1.123 with unity 5.2

Thanks 

Best Answer

Hi Naveen, 

A player needs to be registered with GameSparks before they can be challenged on the system. You would have to refer to the Twitter and Kongregate Unity SDKs to see what they allow on their platform in terms of direct contact with users and inviting from in game. We are revamping our documentation soon and hope to cover these integrations in more depth.

Just to let you know, the Facebook issue has been addressed in our latest platform release which you can read about here. It should be working fine now, if you can try it and let me know how you get on that would be great. Facebook have also updated their Unity SDK recently, you might want to update that too if you still have any issues, you can grab it here

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Naveen,

It sounds like you have everything set up perfectly. Facebook have made a slight change on their end which is causing some issues when Authenticating a new Facebook user with us, we have discovered whats causing this and are currently working on a fix which we plan to push out at soon as possible. I'll keep you posted with any updates regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Liam

Thanks for the quick reply, Is there any other way to test social networking in my game? I want to add a friend challenge in my game. 
Other than facebook is there any other social network like twitter, Kongregate or something supported by GameSparks in which I can add friend challenge in my game?

Hi Naveem,

Google might be the next logical one to try, we do support Kongregate , Twitter and more, you can read more about each integration here.

Thanks,

Liam

I saw that doc before, But I am in a confusion whether twitter has challenges or not. There is no description regarding the challenge support in twitter. As in twitter we don't have friends directly is it possible to challenge followers? 

Is there any option for challenges in Kongregate?

Answer

Hi Naveen, 

A player needs to be registered with GameSparks before they can be challenged on the system. You would have to refer to the Twitter and Kongregate Unity SDKs to see what they allow on their platform in terms of direct contact with users and inviting from in game. We are revamping our documentation soon and hope to cover these integrations in more depth.

Just to let you know, the Facebook issue has been addressed in our latest platform release which you can read about here. It should be working fine now, if you can try it and let me know how you get on that would be great. Facebook have also updated their Unity SDK recently, you might want to update that too if you still have any issues, you can grab it here

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment