Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Setting public challenge eligibility constraints

Hi all,

Per the documentation for CreateChallengeRequest, I can set a series of Segments in the eligibilityCriteria for a CreateChallengeRequest. I would like to create open challenges for people in the same segment (where segment may be country, language, but also "level"). However, how would my client side know which segments the current player is in? It's not in the AccountDetailsResponse, for example. Would I need to create a custom event just to figure out which segment I'm in before creating the CreateChallengeRequest? Or would I need to duplicate the logic that segments my players in the Cloud Code into my game client in some way?

Best Answer

Hi Rene,

You could use some custom cloud code in an AuthenticationRequest to pull in the Segments data from a collection. I’d recommend pulling it in on Authentication as all users will have to do this and you won’t have to trigger and event later to get this data onto the client side. Then when you are ready to send a request, add the local Segment data to the Request as required and send as normal.

Thanks,

Liam

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Rene,

You could use some custom cloud code in an AuthenticationRequest to pull in the Segments data from a collection. I’d recommend pulling it in on Authentication as all users will have to do this and you won’t have to trigger and event later to get this data onto the client side. Then when you are ready to send a request, add the local Segment data to the Request as required and send as normal.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment