Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Players and Teams Gathering/harvesting/collecting

I am looking to set up storage of User-created goods on the server. Something like "player 1 has collected 10 wheat".

I am wanting to take this and use it in teams as well "Team X has collected 100 walnuts together", this would hopefully allow me to leverage this into challenges for the team. "Collect 1000 strawberrys in a week to receive Y".

I'm searching and I don't see any natural way to do this on the platform. Some help with some direction would be appreciated.

My main problem is that I have a large number of items that users can generate, and challenges could relate to any of them. This rules out the currency system I believe. I feel like I may have to create all my own collections on my own, but hoping I'm missing something I can leverage to solve this.

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

Hi Arnold,

You could use a Team Leaderboard for the collective gathering of items. If you had an event with each collectible item set up with its own short code and the Default Calc set to Sum, each time a player in the team collects an item in game you could add it to the running total of the team gathering leaderboard. With this you could set up challenges and achievements based off these values. For example you could set the Challenge win criteria to be when the first team reaches 1000 items and unlocks the “1000 Strawberries In a Week” achievement. You could also award some Currency or Virtual Goods when the achievement is unlocked.

Thanks,

Liam 

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Arnold,

You could use a Team Leaderboard for the collective gathering of items. If you had an event with each collectible item set up with its own short code and the Default Calc set to Sum, each time a player in the team collects an item in game you could add it to the running total of the team gathering leaderboard. With this you could set up challenges and achievements based off these values. For example you could set the Challenge win criteria to be when the first team reaches 1000 items and unlocks the “1000 Strawberries In a Week” achievement. You could also award some Currency or Virtual Goods when the achievement is unlocked.

Thanks,

Liam 

Login to post a comment