Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Private:ListInviteFriendsRequest

Looking through the GameSparks documentation, I noticed that the Requests section covering ListInviteFriendsRequest is marked as Private. As I was hoping to make use of that particular bit of code at some point in the very near future, I was wondering if this was by design, or simply an oversight?

https://docs.gamesparks.net/documentation/request-api/player-request-api/listinvitefriendsrequest

Best Answer

Hi Kenneth,

This feature is depreciated and shouldn't be showing up in the documents. It was discontinued due to a change made within Facebook. Since this change, the only friends we can get from Facebook are the ones who have already accepted your app.

Thanks for pointing this out, we'll get it fixed,

Liam

Answer

Hi Kenneth,

This feature is depreciated and shouldn't be showing up in the documents. It was discontinued due to a change made within Facebook. Since this change, the only friends we can get from Facebook are the ones who have already accepted your app.

Thanks for pointing this out, we'll get it fixed,

Liam

Ah, I see. I presume they've still got some call API call or another to allow us to check a user's out-of-game friends, for invites and such. I'll refer to their documentation to implement that feature when the time comes. Thanks so much!

On an unrelated note, the forums are giving errors every time I post something. I assume you're aware of the situation, but thought I'd mention it all the same, just in case my assumption is incorrect.

Kenneth, there's a FB Graph API call - "me/invitable_friends", which needs user_friends permission. You can use it only if your app is a game. After they connect to your game with FB, they jump to "me/friends". You can send game requests to both. You can use game request to invite friends to game.

The help page on social integration https://docs.gamesparks.net/howtos/social-integration/how-to-authenticate-players-using-their-facebook-account still references ListInviteFriendsRequest. You might want to update that.

Login to post a comment