Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Write to properties programmatically

The property and property set feature is great, but I only see how to obtain the values when coding. Is there any Javascript or rest API to write to properties?

Best Answer

Hi Guys,

You will be able to create properties via REST when our new REST API goes live, it's in testing at the moment. You can keep an eye on our announcements page located here for updates on this. 

Thanks,

Liam

1 person has this question

i have the same problem!

Hey guys,

We’re planning on adding this in the near future, an overhaul of the portal rest api is in the pipeline but it will be static until completed. As properties are a recent addition they haven't been added yet, for now you will have to configure them manually in the portal.

Thanks,

Liam

This is very odd. I dove into properties on the assumption you could set them as well.

Is there an estimated time as to when this functionality will be added? Properties are great but I'm not sure how useful they are without being able to Set them Programmatically.

Thanks.

+1

+1

+1

Answer

Hi Guys,

You will be able to create properties via REST when our new REST API goes live, it's in testing at the moment. You can keep an eye on our announcements page located here for updates on this. 

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,
sounds great! Thank you for your fast reply =D
Cheers, Fiete

Has this every implemented? I need to modify properties programmatically.

Hi Elin,

It can be done via the REST API. See here for more info. You can't create them (or any other part of game config) from within Cloud Code.

Regards,

Liam

Login to post a comment