Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

SSL/TLS in the C++ SDK

Hi,

Can you explain how SSL/TLS is implemented in the c++ SDK.  I don't see any evidence of it in the source.  In my quick inspection it looks like the SDK is sending unencrypted JSON.

Thanks. 

Best Answer

Hi Steven

Our API servers don't accept non SSL traffic, all the SDK's have to implement SSL to work.

The C++ SDK uses OpenSSL by default (there is a compile flag to allow you to use cya if you want to)

Gabriel

Answer

Hi Steven

Our API servers don't accept non SSL traffic, all the SDK's have to implement SSL to work.

The C++ SDK uses OpenSSL by default (there is a compile flag to allow you to use cya if you want to)

Gabriel

Can you explain in a little more detail the implementation details using openssl?  Does it bypass the 3rd party certificate authority check since we can theoretically embed the public key of the gamesparks server into our code directly/safely.  If that's so, is the gamesparks public key embedded in the SDK or do we game developers get the key from you (is that what the gamesparks secret api key is in the configurator?).  Lastly, if all of the previous is true, is there one public gamesparks public key for everyone or one per game?

Thanks!

Oh sorry another question...I'm looking at the c++ sdk posted here:

https://bitbucket.org/gamesparks/gamesparks-cpp-sdk

Is that the correct current version and is it the version that the beta unreal SDK uses?  I just found that bitbucket link by searching, not through any documentation or links from gamesparks (why are the c++ and node SDKs not a part of the LEARN SDK documentation section?)

Thanks!

Hi Steven

That is the correct repository

We're just working through the documentation for the c++ sdk (and engine variants).

Gabriel

Login to post a comment