Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

How to make Push notifications on Android and Unity3D

Hello

I was reading the documentation about configuring Push notifications on android here: https://docs.gamesparks.net/howtos/push-notifications/android-push-notifications and there are some points that are not updated I guess, for example in the documentation says that go to “Configurator”, click “Notifications”, but when I go to Configurator there is not a "Notifications" options but there is  "Messages" instead.

Anyway, what I am searching is for a tutorial about integrating GameSparks with Unity3D to send push notifications to Android users, is there any official tutorial about this topic? can anyone help me to find it?

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi,

There have been changes to the portal since that tutorial went live, thanks for pointing that out, we will get that fixed. In the configurator you should now go into “Integrations” and then “Google” From there you will be able to configure your GCM Server API Key. We’re hoping to update tutorial section to include one for push notifications on Unity Android builds. At the moment you will need to use a 3rd party plugin (such as prime31) to handle GCM within Unity.

Thanks,

Liam

1 person has this question

Hi all 

Yes you can customize the Gamesparks JSON to match your 3rd party plugin format.

This can be done in the message advanced configuration

For  example the below image is configured for android push notifications using Prime31.

Regards

Katie

Anyone any luck with this? I am still stuck.

Is still the case, are we suppose to use third party plugin to handle push notifications ? Tutorial should be really fixed, still includes wrong information (old screenshots and such).

Did you have any luck to get it working with OneSignal?

I want to use OneSignal as a GCM handler plugin but the receiver of the plugin checks format of a message (require bundle fields with name "custom" => notification_id and "alert" => something), so GameSparks message is not valid thus not show in a notification area. Is it possible to customize GameSparks message to contain those fields? Or is it easier to find other GCM handler plugin? Or I have to create one myself?

Thank you,

Jiradej

Answer

Hi,

There have been changes to the portal since that tutorial went live, thanks for pointing that out, we will get that fixed. In the configurator you should now go into “Integrations” and then “Google” From there you will be able to configure your GCM Server API Key. We’re hoping to update tutorial section to include one for push notifications on Unity Android builds. At the moment you will need to use a 3rd party plugin (such as prime31) to handle GCM within Unity.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment