Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

GetTeamRequest Pagination

Hi, I'm trying to add pagination in the GetTeamRequest method, I've two questions about it. 

1.- When I add extra params to the team request I get an error. (Unrecognized field \"limit\" (Class com.gamesparks.messages.requests.GetTeamRequest), not marked as ignorable). Where or How Can I add the ignorable flag?

2.- How Can I change the default query in the CloudCode (Requests->GetTeamRequests) to permit pagination when limit or offset are available.

Thanks a lot.

Best Answer
Hey Oscar,

Sorry, im not sure i understand your problem, but allow me to get it straight in head; You are trying to send back multiple responses, or multiple batches of script-data when there is more than a certain amount of docs in a GetTeamRequest? Is that right?

[1] - I believe, if i am correct, that you tried to add a limit to the GetTeamRequest in cloud-code, and the error you are getting is because there is no limit in that request. You can check out a more specific api here, that shows exactly what it will take.

[2] - im unsure what you mean by default-query, but we have a piece of code that might allow you to preform pagination on your GetTeamRequest the way i understand it at least.

var progressCollection = Spark.runtimeCollection("teams"); // the name within parentheses can be any collection name

//Get the value that was passed in for PATH
var inputPath = Spark.data.PATH; // this specifies the exact field, ie - name or whatever. it's passed in in the TH or in client side code

var teamID = Spark.data.TEAM; // the team entry to query

var newPartialResult = {}; // we'll dump the new results into this

for (var i = 0; i < progressCollection.length; i++){ if(inputPath.length === 0){
  //No input path, we want the whole document
  var resultDocument = progressCollection[i].find({"id" : teamID});
  //Put the results into the response.
  Spark.setScriptData("data", resultDocument);
} else {
  //The query object for the aggregation
  var matchObject = {"$match" : {"id": teamID}};
  //We want to use the last part of the path as the key in the returned data
  //We don't have to do it, but the result will make more sense
  var pathArray = inputPath.split(".");
  var lastPathString = pathArray[pathArray.length - 1];
  //Now we build up the object the spacified the fields we want to return  
  var projectData = {"_id":0 };
  //Using [] notation so we can use a variable as a JSON attribute name

projectData[lastPathString] = "$"+inputPath;
  var projectObject = {"$project" : projectData};

//Run the aggregation
  var partialResult = progressCollection[i].aggregate(matchObject, projectObject);

newPartialResult[i] = partialResult;
}
}

Hope that helps,
Sean

1 Comment

Answer
Hey Oscar,

Sorry, im not sure i understand your problem, but allow me to get it straight in head; You are trying to send back multiple responses, or multiple batches of script-data when there is more than a certain amount of docs in a GetTeamRequest? Is that right?

[1] - I believe, if i am correct, that you tried to add a limit to the GetTeamRequest in cloud-code, and the error you are getting is because there is no limit in that request. You can check out a more specific api here, that shows exactly what it will take.

[2] - im unsure what you mean by default-query, but we have a piece of code that might allow you to preform pagination on your GetTeamRequest the way i understand it at least.

var progressCollection = Spark.runtimeCollection("teams"); // the name within parentheses can be any collection name

//Get the value that was passed in for PATH
var inputPath = Spark.data.PATH; // this specifies the exact field, ie - name or whatever. it's passed in in the TH or in client side code

var teamID = Spark.data.TEAM; // the team entry to query

var newPartialResult = {}; // we'll dump the new results into this

for (var i = 0; i < progressCollection.length; i++){ if(inputPath.length === 0){
  //No input path, we want the whole document
  var resultDocument = progressCollection[i].find({"id" : teamID});
  //Put the results into the response.
  Spark.setScriptData("data", resultDocument);
} else {
  //The query object for the aggregation
  var matchObject = {"$match" : {"id": teamID}};
  //We want to use the last part of the path as the key in the returned data
  //We don't have to do it, but the result will make more sense
  var pathArray = inputPath.split(".");
  var lastPathString = pathArray[pathArray.length - 1];
  //Now we build up the object the spacified the fields we want to return  
  var projectData = {"_id":0 };
  //Using [] notation so we can use a variable as a JSON attribute name

projectData[lastPathString] = "$"+inputPath;
  var projectObject = {"$project" : projectData};

//Run the aggregation
  var partialResult = progressCollection[i].aggregate(matchObject, projectObject);

newPartialResult[i] = partialResult;
}
}

Hope that helps,
Sean

Login to post a comment