Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

the correct way to set up a realtime base multiplayer game?

hi guys,

i saw that this question was asked a few times within this forum but didnt find a direct answer with gamesparks latest build. is there a way to do this with gamesparks?

essentially I was thinking of using photon to set up a room based multiplayer game and use gamesparks to log the data because there are plenty of unity based tutorials on youtube that demonstrate the possibility with FPS style games, but if its possible to do it all with gamesparks I'd rather not have to pay two companies for the same amount  of online players later down the line...

I know that theres talks about gamesparks offering something similar to what photon offers withing the second quarter of the year but im just wondering how exactly have developers been able to make realtime multiplayer possible IF they're currently doing so using only gamesparks??

thanks in advance,

-CJ

Best Answer

GameSparks doesn't support any sort of realtime multiplayer. It does support a Challenge system, in which you can use for asynchronous (turn based multiplayer).

As to using a realtime solution, you would still need to use something like uLink or Photon, and then use GameSparks to store your data etc.

Answer

GameSparks doesn't support any sort of realtime multiplayer. It does support a Challenge system, in which you can use for asynchronous (turn based multiplayer).

As to using a realtime solution, you would still need to use something like uLink or Photon, and then use GameSparks to store your data etc.

ohh ok, thanks for the reply. that makes total since now. 

-CJ

Is this still the case? Does gamespark still not have support for realtime games?

Jatin you can easily integrate any realtime multiplayer solution into GameSparks. My personal suggestion is uLink.

is this true ? i found other answers where oisin says you can make realtime games

Wajahat you can use any realtime multiplayer solution with GameSparks.

GameSparks is also now working on their own built-in multiplayer solution, but it is in beta and will not be out for a while still.

Login to post a comment