Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Account recovery and Facebook features

We are in the process of choosing a server service for our game. We are using Unreal Engine 4. I have a couple of questions to determine of Gamesparks is right for us. So far I am hopeful, considering the plugin for UE4 and the features I know of so far.

Is there a method for recovering account passwords? Like a recovery email, for example.

How much work is required on our end for Facebook features? Are these features ready to go in the UE4 plugin, and simply require our Facebook APP credentials? Or is there more work to do to make that happen?

Best Answer

Hey guys,

This would require each players profile to have an email address associated with it, when a player has forgotten their password and they go to the recover password option in the app, an AuthenticationRequest is sent with some scriptData indicating this is a recover password call. The system checks if a player exists for the email address, and generates a token, stored against the player. 

This token is then emailed to them. The player gets the token from their email, and sends it through to the server (again an AuthenticationRequest with some scriptData can be used here to do this), as well as the new password they would like to use. On the server we look for a player who has this recovery token, if we find one we change their password to be the password they have requested.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Gage

We have a number of options for account recovery, you can send email from our cloud code, and we have a common pattern people use for this which I can share.

For Facebook, we do not have any direct FB integration in the SDK, but once you have that the SDK will allow you to send the authentication detail directly to GameSparks for validation.

We're just finishing off the new version of the UE4 SDK with full blueprint support for all requests / responses & messages. 

We should have this available for beta early next week. Would you like to be involved in this ?

Gabriel

Glad to hear about the recovery features. And it shouldn't be too bad to integrate the Facebook SKD if you guys are already providing so much.

I would definitely like to be involved in the beta. My email/Git account is gage.randall@deviousgamers.com.

Also, is the GameSparks UE4 plugin compatible with Android/iOS? Our game is for Android/iOS, developed in UE4. We use Photon for our client-side online functionality.

I definitely want to be involved in that beta. My email/Git is gage.randall@deviousgamers.com. It is still in plugin format, right?

Also, is that plugin compatible with Android/iOS deployment from UE4? We are developing our game in UE4 for those mobile platforms. If it is not, would you guys be willing to work with us on getting that ready by late-August/early-September? That's our projected release.

And finally, it shouldn't be too bad to integrate the Facebook SDK myself considering how many features you guys are offering. Definitely hopeful this can workout.

@Gabriel: I would love to know a little bit more about the "common pattern" for account recovery. Could you send me some information at rene@ranj.nl or reply in this topic?

Answer

Hey guys,

This would require each players profile to have an email address associated with it, when a player has forgotten their password and they go to the recover password option in the app, an AuthenticationRequest is sent with some scriptData indicating this is a recover password call. The system checks if a player exists for the email address, and generates a token, stored against the player. 

This token is then emailed to them. The player gets the token from their email, and sends it through to the server (again an AuthenticationRequest with some scriptData can be used here to do this), as well as the new password they would like to use. On the server we look for a player who has this recovery token, if we find one we change their password to be the password they have requested.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Gage!

We've recently finished making a tutorial for password recovery. If you still need help with it, here's the link https://docs.gamesparks.net/portal/user-password-change.

Thanks!

Omar

Login to post a comment