Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

SetDurable not working on iPhone "Airplane mode"

Hi, I'm trying to use the SetDurable feature on Unity SDK V5.

I'm doing the following:

new LogEventRequest().SetEventKey("MY_EVENT_KEY")
                        .SetEventAttribute("PARAMETER_KEY",data)
			.SetDurable(true)
			.SetMaxQueueTimeInSeconds(30)
			.SetMaxResponseTimeInSeconds(30)
			.Send((LogEventResponse response) => {});

but, if I turn on the "Airplane Mode"on the iPhone, for testing a no network situation, trigger the action that execute this piece of code, and turn off the "Airplane Mode", the request is never send.

I've tried without "SetMaxQueueTimeInSeconds(30)" and "SetMaxResponseTimeInSeconds(30)", but still not working.

It doesn't work when is running on the Unity main program and I switch off the computer's network.

Am I doing something wrong? Why is this not working?

Best Answer

Hi Daniel,

Apologies for the slow reply, SetDurable doesn’t need a queue time as it will keep trying to send data until a connection has been established and the data has been sent. You can use SetMaxQueue & SetMaxResponse time in seconds for testing and in other situations but not at the same time as SetDurable, this is what is causing your timeout issue. Also I see you have mentioned you are on the the Unity SDK V5, there has since been an update to V5.1 which adds some new features which you can find here.

Thanks,

Liam

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Daniel,

Apologies for the slow reply, SetDurable doesn’t need a queue time as it will keep trying to send data until a connection has been established and the data has been sent. You can use SetMaxQueue & SetMaxResponse time in seconds for testing and in other situations but not at the same time as SetDurable, this is what is causing your timeout issue. Also I see you have mentioned you are on the the Unity SDK V5, there has since been an update to V5.1 which adds some new features which you can find here.

Thanks,

Liam

Login to post a comment