Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Multiple Leaderboard Entries per player

Is there a way to let a player have more than one entries in the leaderboard? I was playing with the leaderboard system and I cannot find a way around to solve this problem without writing my own leaderboard.

Here is what we would like to do. In our game one player can have multiple characters. So we would like to create a leaderboard based on characters not by players. So if John plays as character A and have score of 1000. Later John plays as character B and have score of 2000. The result from leaderboard should be

1# John [Character B] score = 2000

2# John [Character C] score = 1000

Any idea how can I accomplish this?

Best Answer

Hi Panupak,

A leaderboard can only contain a single entry from each registered user. It would be possible for you to have a leaderboard set up for each type of character class in your game. Alternatively you could have a leaderboard containing all of your characters high scores added together. You could achieve this by storing each characters high score in Cloud Code. Then you could set up an event so when each of the players characters sets a new high score it would be added to their entry in the main Leaderboards high score table.

Thanks,

Liam

Answer

Hi Panupak,

A leaderboard can only contain a single entry from each registered user. It would be possible for you to have a leaderboard set up for each type of character class in your game. Alternatively you could have a leaderboard containing all of your characters high scores added together. You could achieve this by storing each characters high score in Cloud Code. Then you could set up an event so when each of the players characters sets a new high score it would be added to their entry in the main Leaderboards high score table.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Thank you very much for the anwser.

Login to post a comment